Modernist Network Cymru (MONC) Privacy Statement
Here at MONC we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services you have requested from us.
How we collect your personal data
- MONC collects your contact details (e-mail, phone, postal address), by consent, via e-mails received into our e-mail account firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person.
- For those signing up to the mailing list, either by request via our email or via our JISCmail page, we collect only your name and email address.
How we use personal data
- We use your personal information for the purpose of:
- e-mailing you (through JiscMail) to notify you of news and upcoming events that relate to the activities and interests of the Network;
- corresponding with you as a delegate if you are registered to attend our events.
Events / conferences
- When you book onto an event / conference we will store your name, email address, dietary and access requirements in our event system. This information will be used to manage the arrangements for the event.
- A delegate list will be produces which includes the name, organisation and email contact details of delegates. It is distributed to all delegates. Once the event has ended this information will be deleted from the MONC database, but delegates attending may retain this information for their personal use. By consenting to attend an event as a delegate, you are also consenting to having your name and email address included within the delegate list that is shared with those attending.
- MONC produces an Abstract Booklet for its conferences. If you have presented a paper at an event this booklet will include your name, the title of your paper and the abstract you have provided. This booklet will be retained indefinitely, in electronic and printed form by us as part of our record of the activities we hold. This information is therefore held for the legitimate interests of the organisation.
- We do not save any credit/debit card details and none of your details are used for any other reasons other than above.
How we protect your data
- The electronic database (administered via Dropbox) is accessible only to the MONC Committee. The Committee is made up of Members elected by the Members.
How long we keep this information for
- Your e-mail address will be kept until you inform us that you no longer wish to be receive information from us via JiscMail.
- You can opt in or out of our e-mail list at any time by e-mailing the Committee at email@example.com
Who we share your personal data with
- Other than the delegate list mentioned above, your personal information will not be shared with any third party.
Please contact us via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
What your rights are and how you can make a complaint if you are dissatisfied with how we use your data
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- If, following our reply to your concerns, you are still unhappy, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/